- iCruise is one of New Zealand’s award winning and leading cruise specialist agencies. We have a wealth of knowledge and experience and have access to all cruise lines.
- We are unbiased so will do our best to ascertain the best cruise to suit you and your budget – this is our Best Boat Promise.
- We are also TAANZ (Travel Agents Association of New Zealand) and IATA (International Airline Ticketing Association) bonded for your protection
- iCruise has the technology so you can book key cruise lines online or if you feel more comfortable, simply call our free phone (0800) 427 847 and one of our experienced consultants can look after all your cruise holiday requirements, including flights, pre or post cruise accommodation and tours.
- Click here to read more about us.
FAQ - Making A Booking
Why should I book with iCruise?
What is the best cabin to book?
Booking your cabin is a matter of personal choice and budget. Below are some points to keep in mind...
- Balcony cabins allow you to experience the outdoors without leaving the comfort of your cabin. This is particularly nice on itineraries such as the Mediterranean, Northern Europe and Alaska where you will spend a great deal of time viewing scenery from the ships.
- Ocean-view cabins do not allow you access to fresh air but they do give you a view and allow natural light to come into your cabin.
- Inside cabins are the least expensive and as they are located on the inside of the ship, they do not allow any natural light in.
- Staterooms located on lower decks in the middle of the ship tend to minimize the feel of movement, and cruise lines price cabins according to their location.
What types of bed configuration are there?
Which dining time should I choose?
Like cabin location, this is a matter of personal preference. Early sitting tend to be approx 6:00pm and late sitting approx 8:15pm.
Many ships today also offer "Anytime Dining" or "Personal Choice" where you can choose when to dine. Ask your iCruise consultant what dining options are available for your cruise.
Can we celebrate a "special" day onboard?
Most cruise lines will treat you to a complimentary cake to honour the occasion.
Your birthday or anniversary can be made more festive with a special order of champagne, flowers or something special – this can be organised pre-cruise at an additional cost. Make sure you advise your iCruise consultant if you wish something special to be organised onboard.
How do I pay for my cruise?
iCruise accepts payment by cash, cheque, direct deposit and credit card (Visa & Mastercard). Credit card transactions incur a transaction fee of 1.8% per transaction. Depending on how close to the departure date you book a deposit is required in the first instance and the balance of payment is generally due approximately 90 days prior to departure or as stated on your iCruise confirmation invoice.
Do I have to pay a deposit?
To secure a cabin/reservation iCruise must receive a deposit within three days of confirmation of a reservation. This amount includes the cruise line’s required deposit and a minimal iCruise deposit. Deposit amounts vary per cruise line – your iCruise confirmation will stipulate what deposit is required to secure your booking.
Can I pay my balance in instalments?
Of course, simply submit your desired payment quoting your iCruise booking number and we will apply it to your booking. Depending on your departure date & cruise line, most bookings must be paid in full approx 90 days prior to departure. We will advise your exact date of payment upon confirmation of a reservation.
When will I receive my cruise tickets?
We tend to receive cruise documents once a departure has been finalised by the cruise line. We like to say two – three weeks prior to departure (if not sooner). iCruise will package up your documents and send them out to you. Many cruise lines send tickets as electronic documents, or edocs, which will be accessible online or through e-mail. Your iCruise consultant will discuss ticket delivery options with you.
Are there age requirements?
Yes, most cruise lines impose a minimum age requirement for all guests, in addition to a minimum age requirement for guests in each cabin. These vary per cruise line and can be reconfirmed with your iCruise consultant.
Can I take an infant?
Due to the limited neonatal facilities onboard a ships medical centre there is a minimum age requirement for infants which tends to start at 6 months however some cruise lines have a policy of 12 months. Please check with your iCruise consultant at time of booking. The age is dictated at the time of sailing.
Can I travel when I'm pregnant?
Yes, however cruise lines typically allow guests to travel up until their third trimester of pregnancy. A letter from your doctor is normally required for boarding. Policies vary between cruise lines so please make your iCruise consultant aware if you are expecting prior to booking.
Will my infant be charged the full cruise fare?
Cruise fares are based on two full paying passengers in a cabin and a reduced fare for the third and fourth passengers irrespective of age. There is no differential for infants.
What is a (GTY) Guarantee cabin?
A cheaper fare offered by the cruise line and applied to a specific category however this also means your cabin number will be allocated closer to departure by the cruise line, you will receive the category booked or higher at no additional cost. We are unable to request a specific cabin number or location.
What is an upgrade?
An upgrade is when you book and pay for a specific category of cabin but receive a higher category from the cruise line at no additional cost.
What is an Onboard Cabin Credit?
An onboard cabin credit is a monetary credit applied to your onboard cabin account. It can be used for onboard purchases like shore excursions, beverages and souvenirs. Onboard Cabin Credits cannot be used in the Casino and cannot be redeemed for cash; any unused amount will not be refunded. Your iCruise consultant can advise at time of booking if an onboard cabin credit applies to your reservation.
If I have a medical or dietary condition, how do I notify the cruise line?
Please advise your iCruise consultant at the time of booking if you have any medical or dietary requirements that the cruise line must be made aware of. A medical form may be required to be completed.
What if I have to cancel?
Please advise your iCruise consultant in writing as soon as you have to cancel. Cruise Lines impose strict cancellation policies and depending on how far from departure you are will depend on how much the cancellation fee will be.
Ask your iCruise consultant for details on the cancellation fees that apply to your booking and cruise line. You can also view our Terms & Conditions. We recommend a travel insurance policy is purchased upon payment of a deposit to cover any loss of monies due to the unforeseen circumstance you may have to cancel.